Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Off to the Races!!!

When we were in Busan we decided to go to the track. I love the horse track, I rode for 10 years and always wanted to be a jockey but um hellow have you seen me...........definitely not a jockey build. For my birthday in 6th grade (I believe it was 6th grade) I had a sleepover and then we went to the track the next day. Some of my fondest memories were when my parents and I used to go to Saratorga Race Track and I would get all of the jockey's autographs (my fave was Julie Krone). So when they suggested the track I was all for it; also, because I love to do non touristy things in order to experience the culture. So we met up with Holly and Ryan's friend and stood in the sun for the bus to the track. We get to the track, which was super nice and posh inside and even had a foreigners club room where they taught us how to fill out the cards, and find out that the first race wasn't until 4!!!! We couldn't stay late because Holly and Ryan had to catcha bus back home to go to work the next day. We were shocked that the races weren't starting until 4 because it was noon and it was packed; it is definitely a family place because there were so many kids. We ended up grabbing food and then watching the races from Seoul on the large screen. We each had our own bets going but also had a group bet going on. We each gave some money in and everyone would pick horses and I was in charge of the money and doing the bets. We were on a roll and except for one race we won every trifecta and our big pay off was when our $2 bet paid off $76! When we first got there I think we were all bummed that there were no races but the day turned around and we had an amazing time.





Holly showing off her new hat and her race track outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment