Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busan at Nite

After the baseball game Holly and Ryan made a made dash to their bus home and I had the nite to myself. I ended up walking around and taking pictures; ahhh the pricey camera that is way over my head (see Mike you were right) fulfilled its purpose. The reason why I bought this pricey camera (that was a good deal thanks to Costco) was twofold: one, I already take decent pictures (or that it was my mom and dad say and they are always right - okay that is a lie) and I have always wanted to learn photography. My mom used to own a wedding studio and I was always interested in the photography and I remember getting some of these fun workbooks from England about it. My parents gave me their expensive SLR camera; however, I am a brat and wanted a digital one - I am all about instant gratification and it is a lot cheaper then film. So I thought that my trip was a good excuse. That leads me to my second reason, I knew I wanted to travel as much as I could when I was here and did not want to wander aimlessly around Japan not truly experiencing it and I thought a camera would help me experience Japan (o and Korea) and give me something to do when traveling by myself. Out of that came this blog!!

So that short (yes, I love sarcasm) explanation leads to my nite in Korea. So on Sunday after they left I wandered around and took pictures of city. This centered around the main area where the Pusan International Film Festival is held. PIFF began in 1996 and is a huge deal in Asia since it promotes young talent and new films and directors. All day the area is covered by food carts and at nite the arches are all lit up.





This is from a shrine that was by our hotel:




A nite view of the shrine by the Busan tower:

No comments:

Post a Comment