Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rainy day in Sasebo!

My first weekend in Sasebo, a few weeks ago, was made delightful by the finding of Starbucks. Well the day after I discovered it and all the fun people watching that went on there, I decided to head back. However, instead of seeing American sailors hitting on Japanese women (which can be hysterical) there were women in Kimonos and flower hats hanging out in Starbucks. After they were done with their drinks they then headed outside to the covered arcade to do a dance. I am not quite sure why they were doing this but I do know that it was entertaining to both me and the Japanese.








After that I walked around for a bit in the rain and discovered a park that had a bonsai competition going on. On a dark, dreary day it was lovely to see some beautiful flowers.







When you leave the Navy base and are walking to the ginza you walk thru Nimitz Park. Nimitz park (aka the American park) is actually owned and run by the Navy it has soccer fields, a baseball diamond, volleyball court, and some picnic area. You walk thru that and cross Albuquerque bridge and then you are in town.




Another fun weekend in Sasebo! It is a good thing I like it since I am there every other week!

No comments:

Post a Comment