Wednesday, June 2, 2010

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It is truly the little things that make me happy and today's little thing is my internet now works at home! I pay a ridiculous amount of money for internet at home and for 2 weeks (which is the same as a month since they don't prorate here) my internet hasn't worked! I had to leave work twice today ( 1/2 mile walk each way) to get it fixed and I did and it was totally worth it!!! An awesome part about getting my internet fixed is that the internet is run by a Japanese company and when they say they will be there at 12they mean 12, actually maybe even 11:59, this is no RCN/Comcast 12-6 window! The second time I got back to my apartment at like 1:58 for my 2 pm slot and he was just waiting for me on my balcony (my apartment is that open motel type where the doors open to w walk way). How amazing is it that they come when they say they will! ASTONISHING!

Now I can email and skype, actually I only use skype to receive phone calls off my local Washington DC number (if you need it email me) (trust me you don't want to see this over skype)when at home in Iwakuni! Side note: when I am in Sasebo I have internet at my apartment and wifi at work so I can receive phone calls during the day (if I have no meetings). This 13 hour times difference makes it a little difficult to call people but it is a little bit easier in Sasebo!



I am also writting to you on my new laptop mini. This is because on Saturday morning I went to go plug my computer in and when I did it fizzled and died! After calls to my Remote Support (aka my cousin's husband) it was determined that my computer can not be fixed when I am here so I went over to the exchange (yeah military base privileges!!) and am now the owner of a mini. My other big accomplishment was making it into the cardio room at the Marine's gym (couldn't find it the first time I went); however, I still need to get the courage to get into the weight room with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment