Friday, June 18, 2010

Senso-Ji: Religion, Shopping, and People Watching

On our tour Bridget and I went to Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa. There was so much going on that we had to come back to take it all in. It is the oldest temple in Tokyo and it is a Buddhist temple. In front of the temple is one huge row of stores (more like permenant booths), the street is called Nakamise-dōri. Both times we were there it was mobbed, mostly by school kids but it was so much fun to walk thru the little stores and to shop a little bit. I was able to get a wonderful set of chopsticks with rests, these are awesome because they are Sumo chopsticks - yes I am obsessed with sumos! Too bad Bridget had to bring them back to the states for me since my bags were already stuffed to the gills!







The Row of Shops:





At the Shrine:









No comments:

Post a Comment