Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tour Time.........

When we were in Kyoto we decided to make the most of our time and do a tour. However, this was a last minute decision and you can't make tour reservations on Sundays?!?! So we chanced it and showed up at one of the hotel pickups and was able to get on.......O thank you! We went to Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple(Golden Pavilion), and Kyoto Imperial Palace. The funny thing about this tour is that I noticed there was a female marine on this tour that was on my wine and cheese tour throught I wakuni. I definitely freaked her out when I asked her if she was stationed in Iwakuni. Hey, what can I say? I don't remember names but I always remember faces (or in this case tatoos)!!!


Our Tour Guide:



Nijo Castle: is a flatland castle located in Kyoto, Japan. The castle consists of two concentric rings of fortifications, the Ninomaru Palace, the ruins of the Honmaru Palace, various support buildings and several gardens.








Kyoto Imperial Palace: is an imperial palace of Japan, though the Emperor of Japan is not in residence. The Emperor has resided at the Tokyo Imperial Palace since 1869 (Meiji Restoration) and ordered the preservation of the Kyōto Imperial Palace in 1877.













Random Picture of me in Kyoto:





A Really Good Beatles Tribute Group on a Street Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment