Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time flies........

Wow it has been almost 2 years since I got back from Japan (and wrote a post)!!!! I cannot believe it  has been two years and honestly, I miss Japan so much and I still believe it is one of the best experiences of my life and I would do it again in a heart beat.  I have also been very lucky to have kept in two with my friends from Japan. I have seen my friend Bonnie twice since I got back and was even able to host her and her son when they were in the DC area this summer! I am beyond blessed to have those lasting relationships.

I am updating the blog because I am about to be off on a new adventure and need to update the travels a little bit before then.  Now just because I have not been writing does not mean that I have not traveled in the past two years.  Trust me that is just not possible for me, I would definitely lose my mind if I didn't take vacations.  So since I have been back there have been two cruises, a trip to England to visit the family, and trips to the lake.  So before I am off on my new adventures here is a round up of my past trips. (Keep in mind I am writing these with my memories and not at the moment so they are a little disjointed)

Cruise#1- March 2011- This cruise was planned after a day in January that I cried at my desk (this has become a running theme...............see cuise#2). Bridget, Noel, and I headed to Florida and jumped aboard the Royal Carribean Cruise ship with almost 2000 other people, including 900 spring breakers! Really 900?!?!?! Dear lord, I am getting old! Of course, I got a super bad burn on the first day- when will I learn!! Bridget says my skin is afraid of the sun and honestly she might be right!! I discovered the blisters on my chest when I popped them as I was applying sunscreen, ouch ouch ouch!!!  I also got a super bad burn right on the bikini line (you know where your leg has to fold every time you walk!!), I kept complaining about it and Noel and Bridget kept ignoring me until I got home and sent Bridget a picture and she was shocked to see it.  I had to send it to her because I had to check to see if I had to go to the hospital instead I headed to Target and asked the pharmacists who thought I was nuts.  At Royal Carribean's private island in Haiti Noel and I went zip lining, so scary but amazing.  I was so not happy when they asked me to YELL out my weight infront of a bunch of college students! I told the guy no no and wrote it down for him (I got a chuckle from some of the older people).  We went snorkeling while we were in Jaimaca, the waves were strong I was being thrown about as I was trying to get back on the boat. I had to put on a life jacket, which was just strange since I am a decent swimmer (outside the confines of the lake). We also had this amazing and hysterical family with us too.  I think the highlight of our trip was our dining room table.  When we saw all of those college students on our ship I think we were slightly scared of who we would be sitting with but I have to say we completely lucked out and had these four amazing and funny girls from East Carolina University.  I think I might have needed two plane seats coming home thanks to all of the food!! THis was my first cruise since I was 3 years old and it was amazing!!! Since I can't remember everything here are some pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment