Wednesday, September 19, 2012

England 2011 :)

The longest I have ever been away from England is 29 months, when I was little we went every few months and when I was in school every year so I have been there probably close to 50 times. I try to go about every 2 years to visit my family.  One year I was grilled about where my family lived, their citizenship, the county they lived in (ummm it begins with an M), and I was told he never heard of the town; after about 10 minutes he let me go thru customs. I think I wanted to scream something um look at me I have the same coloring as everyone of course I have British family! I also wanted to say you don't know where Formby is, look it up on a map! I am glad I bit my tongue because there is a chance I would have probably been detained.

The past two times I have been to England have been around Memorial Day weekend when my cousins were on school vacation but because the airlines were not cooperating with me I ended up going at the end of August 2011; the week before Labor Day and also the Monday after a DC earthquake and a hurricane! I was lucky to get out okay thru New York but coming back was a different story and my flight from NY to DC was delayed for hours, it was awful!!! It is bad when you go to get your luggage off the conveyor belt and go to hand it to the guys for your next flight and they wont take it. If I remember correctly, and I probably don't because I blocked this out, I sat in JFK for over 9 hours and was beyond lucky to even get out; I also learned that if you ask nicely you will get a food voucher which was needed because honestly the vegetarian food on Delta was AWFUL and I eat anything that is not meat!

I had an amazing trip to England with lots of shoe shopping, a clothes shopping trip in Manchester, and lots and lots of food - woohoo buffet! I also was so lucky to hang out with my cousins and go into Southport and Liverpool and see the movie Inbetweeneers (hysterical but probably not US humor) and nothing like a little mini golf in the rain! I think we all laughed when we went to Starbucks and the barrista was American and could not understand my cousins so I had to step in and do the ordering. Another amazing trip filled with lots of shoes, foods, and laughs!


No comments:

Post a Comment