Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Castle of Gold

After kind of over sleeping the first day in Seville we tried to get up and moving early on Wednesday but honestly, why did we do this! The Spainards have a very strange way of doing things and it seems like they don't get moving until 9ish or later. First we decided that churros and chocolate were in order. Delicious but I think my arteries were clogging with each dunk of the fried dough (more like oily funnel cake then like American churros) into the hot chocolate  think like a drink not thick like a sauce).  I thought I had a picture but guess I was so enamored by the churros I got distracted.

Then we ventured to Cathedral but it didn't open until 11 so we ventured to the Tourist Information to find out information about the Flamenco festival (more to come on that later) and after a quick trip to Starbucks we headed down to the Rio Guadalquivir to Torro del Oro aka Tower of Gold.  The castle had a  small maritime museum and  minatures of the ships that discovered America.  The castle was not one of my favorites because you couldn't get close to the edge thanks to these big plexi glass walls but there were about three steps that you could walk up and then you got the great views.  It was nice to have a different view point and to finally see the river. They offer river cruises but according to some of the reviews they aren't worth it so this was a nice way to see it. 










I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment